Many entrepreneurs talk a big talk about putting family first. But how many of them are truly doing it? Today’s guest is a woman who has stepped up to the plate in a big way when it comes to putting her two boys first in her life. Though she’s an ultra successful entrepreneurs and coach, Michelle Barnes has intentionally scheduled her life and business around the time she needs to spend with her sons, doing things they all enjoy and sharing quality time together. On this episode you’re going to hear why Michelle has arranged her life that way and why she believes that everyone has to figure out how to do the same thing.
“I knew that I needed to surround myself with those 3 percenters.”
As Michelle Barnes got started in business she read everything she could get her hands on. As she learned she began to realized that those who were ultra successful amounted to only 3% of the population – and that those 3% thought differently than everyone else. That’s when Michelle decided that she was going to surround herself with as many of those 3 percenters as she could so she could be influenced by them and become successful like them. You’re going to hear how Michelle did that on this episode, so be sure you take time to listen.
“The more people I help become better, the more money I get paid.”
When she first was invited to a network marketing meeting Michelle Barnes wasn’t interested. She sat with her arms folded and her resistance up, analyzing every statement that was said and every claim that was being made. But as she listened she began to realize that the things she wanted out of life were exactly what a network marketing business could provide for her. Most of all a shift happened in her mindset – that the more people she helped grow and become better, the more money she could make. It was a win-win situation for her that continues to drive her business forward. Find out more of Michelle’s incredible story on this episode of Entrepreneur Unplugged.“The more people I help become better, the more money I get paid.” ~ Michelle Barnes Click To Tweet
If you want to do things you’ve never done before you have to find the people who are doing it.
We all know how to dream, how to wish for the things we don’t have. But very few of us take the logical steps to make those dreams become realities. Michelle Barnes is not one of those people. Michelle believes that instead of reinventing the wheel it’s smarter to find the people who have accomplished the things you dream about and find a way to get close to them – to learn from them. That’s how she’s grown so quickly as an entrepreneur and how her business has become record setting in a very short amount of time. Listen to hear how Michelle has leveraged her success to build even more on top of it.
Your family has to come first. If it doesn’t other things will crowd it out.
“Family first” is more than a motto for Michelle Barnes – it’s a commitment she takes seriously. Michelle has come to understand that the relationships she shares with her two boys are the most important things in her world and that if she doesn’t block out the time needed to ensure those relationships thrive, something else will crowd into that space. On this episode you’re going to hear some great advice from a dedicated Mom – and you’ll get inspired to up your game when it comes to making your family first priority.Your family has to come first. If it doesn’t other things will crowd it out, on this episode Click To Tweet
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE
- [1:17] Tony’s introduction of Michelle Barnes.
- [1:43] Michelle’s story to where she is now.
- [3:42] How Michelle got involved in network marketing and direct sales.
- [7:40] The new stride Michelle has found and what is different about it.
- [12:30] Why Michelle has chosen to provide a different education for her children.
- [15:55] How Michelle thinks different than most people… and gets different results.
- [19:56] The mentoring business Michelle has begun.
- [24:!6] What Michelle loves to do when she’s not on the clock.
- [27:23] Why it’s vital to schedule out the things your family is involved in.
- [31:09] Who Michelle calls to gain perspective and stay on track.
- [32:58] How Michelle calms her mind when it’s time to rest.
- [33:44] What Michelle would do if she had to do it all over again.
- [35:37] How Michelle wants to be remembered.
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED ON THIS EPISODE
- BOOK: Think and Grow Rich
- BOOK; The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People
- BOOK: How to Win Friends and Influence People
- BOOK: You Squared
- BOOK: The Miracle Morning
- BOOK: Rich Dad, Poor Dad